Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swifty and Hammo Forum Index -> Instance Info
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peeterr

re: Ost Dunhoth - Raid.

Class Make Up:

2xTanks
2xHealers
2xLM
2xCappy
1xChamp
3x DPS

First Bull:

2x Beetel 2xTroll

Root -> Mezz Trollz

Kill Beeteles. Kill Trolls.

Second Bull:

1x Beetel 2x Queen 2x Small Worms

Mezz Small Worms.

One tank will take Beetel

Second Will take 2 Queens.

Kill Queens as fast as possible.

Champ will take care of the Little ones.

Third Bull:

2x Troll 2x Small Worms 2x Queens

Root->Mezz trolls.

Get healers behind pillar.
Tanks will crab Queens. Kill Queens FAST.
Champ takes care of little ones.
Tanks crab Trolls. Others burn Little Worms.
Kill Trolls.

Tree boss.

Red and White tree.

1st group: Hit Red tree. Go on from 1.

1. Go start DPSing White adds. When adds down start DPSing the White Tree. When adds respawn go start DPSing Red adds. When adds down start DPSing Red tree. When adds respawn start again from 1.

2nd group: Hit White tree. Go on from 2.

2. Go start DPSing Red adds. When adds down start DPSing the Red Tree. When adds respawn go start DPSing White adds. When adds down start DPSing White tree. When adds respawn start again from 2.

Tanks: One takes Red tree second White tree. Use Taunts only on adds. Keep your Challenge ready when adds spawn to keep them off the healers.

Healers will stay in middle.

Will Update the marks next time we run!
Shortline/Dod
Officer

Awarded:

Looks good. Can we add something about Rauna not getting any loot since he got all his in the 3 mans? :P

--Dod

Käi Per*e Dod!
Gharardir

The beetles will take most damage from Beleriand.

The trees need to be hit with fire:
Forum Image
Jalthir

re: Ost Dunhoth: Frothmar

Thought this might be useful to read through
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?397748-Poison-T2-Frothmar-increased-debuff-wipes

Seems like we should take a slightly different approach for this fight - more controlled, less of a dps race. Since the adds come at pre-determined health intervals we should make sure we plan our strategy around these events.

What we should do if we are hurting for power/morale is to actually hold off on dps until we are back up to full/close to full.

Lastly, raid members need to make it a point to always check combat logs after death/wipes,etc.
Last night ppl were getting killed but didn't know why - combat log has the answer Happy
Gilderbrand
Leader

Awarded:

That is very interesting Jal. The percentages and exact spawn points will definitively help. That really does make it a timed fight where lower dps won't hurt as long as the adds fall quick enough that they don't break the platform. I don't recall the strat Dod found mentioning this.

As for the combat logs, it would be good to know what is taking ppl down so that if you are in an aoe, stayed to long in the water or something else that can be avoided in the future would also be a big help in keeping everyone up.

One thing we (Dod, Pen, myself and others) discussed last night is having a couple of minutes at the end to review everyone's performance at the end of the raid. Not in a bad way, but more in a we need to change this next time frame of mind. Discussing combat logs could be part of that as well. I am hoping we can start this next week and maybe even use it in DN to improve all. I know I want to know if I did something that could be improved and for the success of the raid, so should everyone else.
-Dazy-
Officer

Yeah Chicory really hit on a great idea. Linn called it a "Lessons Learned" review. I think it will immensely improve our progress and make us all better.

Wulfy
Wulfee
Officer

Agreed. We had something like that in the Army, AAR = After Action Review, helped us figure out what all went on to improve performance. I also spoke to my friend on how we cleared it, got a few pointers I'll discuss with everyone next time I'm on vent that may or may not help. :-)

Wulfy - 130 - Captain - HM Westemnet Tinker / Ceedric - 130 - Loremaster - HM Westemnet Historian / Dreucilla - 130 - Champion - HM Westemnet Armsman / Rihannsu - 130 - Guardian - HM Westemnet Woodsman / Diesirae - 117 - Hunter - HM Westemnet Explorer / Krysteel - 130 - Burglar - HM Westemnet Amourer / Dachef - 117 - Minstrel - HM Westemnet Yeoman
Jalthir

nice work on the poison wing

for Ivar (after the adds are down)

1. first phase (first 50% of his health) we don't need to rush; let's make
sure everyone is topped off with power and morale through out this phase

2. give the main tank at least 30-60s to build aggro

3. at phase2, ~230k mark, the dps race begins, can't kite (except to move out of the healing puddles) - Last Stand/In Harms Way, dual oathbreakers, followed by Fellowship's Heart.

4. personally I was traited for acid mitigation from poison wing - if others are traited similarly we need to swap for shadow mitigation builds - fidelity, innocence, etc and shadow-mitigation set(s) (BG, Moria 3-piece, etc). Tolerance wouldn't hurt either as Ivar has tactical attacks.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?391540-Ost-Dunhoth-Strategy-and-Videos-(Spoilers)&p=5375991#post5375991
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swifty and Hammo Forum Index -> Instance Info All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: