Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swifty and Hammo Forum Index -> Instance Info
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shortline/Dod
Officer

Awarded:

re: Tower of Orthanc - T1 Guide

Below is a guide I wrote up the other day based on my experiences in ToO and some other guides online. Hopefully most of the info is correct, but I'll be looking to update any of it if I feel there is a better way of doing it. My goal is to keep the fight's explanations brief to help give people an overview of the fight so that they don't have to depend upon other people as much.

Tower of Orthanc - T1

Group Make-up: 2x Tank, 2x Healer, 1x LM, 1-2x Captains, 4-5x DPS

Fire & Ice Wing -

Trash Pulls:
    1. Mez 1 troll and 1 ruffian (trolls have adaptation).
    2. Tank picks up other troll.
    3. Watch for diseases given by the Warriors. Pot them off or everyone gets a stun.
    4. Kill Order: Warriors, Ruffians, Trolls
    NOTES: Feel free to make use of roots to hold groups in place when you start a fight.

Boss Fight:
    - Balance DPS between both groups.

- Pull Frost giant to close left corner (by entrance). (Other group pulls fire giant near where he starts)

- Keep tanks in front, the group stays behind the giants. (stay close for distributed damage).

- The giant will periodically summon a grim for every person in front of him (hence only the tank should be there). The grim should be burned immediately. When it has a shield on, use an application of CC to break it (stun, mezes, fears, etc).

- Watch the giants for corruptions, they only have a 10s countdown so remove them quickly or you get a huge knockback.

Lightning Wing -

Trash Pulls:
    1. Mez trolls (fight behind them if one is up to help distribute damage)
    2. Keep taskmaster away from deep claws (he buffs them).
    3. Deep Claws (bloodlust)
    3. Kill Order: Deep Claws, Taskmasters, Trolls
    NOTES: Watch out for the pathing deep claws in tunnels...try not to fight near them, they do AoE damage. Also keep mobs out of healing circles.

Boss Fight:
    - Pull boss to back right corner and tank him.

- Rest of the group stays behind the troll, keep range group further back.

- Tank swap when static shock debuff gets too high.

- When the troll yells “The Storms Come” gather up by the limrafn and burn it down (if you’re caught alone, you will die..its distributed damage).

- When the troll yells a person’s name, that person needs to immediately break off the attack and run perpendicular along the walls away from the group so the lightning chain on them doesn’t spread. If it does to other members, just have everyone fan out to the far edges who has it till it breaks. UNLESS....there is a limrafn...then group up for that, otherwise people die.

- Possible approach: Minstrels drop Fellowship’s Heart at 130K, Captains “In Harms Way” and “Last Stand” at 70K to nuke the troll down (ignore any chains, limrafns)

Acid Wing -

Trash Pulls:
    1. Orcs (they have adaptation)
    2. Wargs (they have adaptation and bloodlust)
    3. Slugs (explode)
    4. Kill Order: Slugs (if they’re up), Orcs, Wargs
    NOTES: Have the squishes spread out when the slugs spawn to keep them from dying.

Boss Fight:
    - Straight tank and spank till adds spawn.

- When adds are up, boss is inactive. Have the tanks grab the trolls, everyone else burn the Avancs, followed by the Dragonets and then the trolls. You can remove the troll’s buffs with any form of CC.

- When the acid water rises, stop whatever you’re doing and start constantly running and jumping. Don’t stand still or you will die. If you die and get a rez while the acid is up, do NOT take it. Wait for the acid to go down. Also avoid the bubbling acid puddles.

- Once the acid is down, resume killing the boss (stay away from the boss when the acid is up...otherwise he hits you hard when it goes down).

- Any diseases received should be potted immediately.

Shadow Wing -

Trash Pulls:
    1. Shakh-Hai (immune to stuns, have ambush buff that gives +20% positional damage)
    2. Healers
    3. Uruks (bloodlust)
    4. Kill Order: Healers, Uruks, Shakh-Hai
    NOTES: If any of them get a bubble, rotate to a different target. Feel free to make use of roots to help control numbers.

Boss Fight:
    - You have 10 minutes to complete the fight before the purple cloud collapses in on everyone. Don’t touch the cloud or you will die.

- The group should fight behind the boss and rotate clockwise along the carpet in front of the throne.

- There are 2 puddles that are dropped. The purple one everyone should move out of (tank should pull the boss back and everyone move forward, staying behind the boss). For the black puddle everyone stays put (otherwise you take 5K per second damage)

- When the tank gets a purple eye and it disappears, he gets a -75% healing buff so aggro needs to be swapped.

- When a root is summoned on a player, dps needs to kill it immediately then go back to the boss.

- Once the boss is below 50% morale, he will start healing in the purple cloud if not moved and dish out red moral bubbles to players. If a player gets a red morale bubble, they need to call out an overheal on themselves and get immediately healed up to full in order to remove the status ailment on them.

Last edited by Shortline/Dod on Jun 16th, 2012 8:00 am; edited 3 times in total

Awarded:

Saruman

Prep Work:

- Everyone starts behind the shadow ring alter. There are 5 rings given to players to use in the fight. The rings each have 3 skills. The first one is a “holding up” skill that you use at the end of each phase while standing on the spot where you picked up the ring. The next one is an offensive skill, and the final one is a defensive skill. The rings should be assigned to the following classes:
      1. Frost - LM/Burg
      2. Lightning - Captain
      3. Fire - Captain
      4. Venom - Healer
      5. Shadow - Healer

- The rings have the following skills:
    Frost:
      Offensive: applies a debuff that after 8s suppress the adaptations for 20s, use to re-stun a saruman that already has been stunned.

Defensive: 250K temp morale, use on someone when they get low on health

Lightning:
      Offensive: 60K distributed damage, use on the shadow saruman when he is by himself

Defensive: -skill inductions, -attack duration, use on the same dps class that the fire ring is on at start on every phase.

Fire:
      Offensive: conal fire aoe, use when lots of aruman are together

Defensive: +damage, +crit chance, use on a dps class at start of every phase

Venom:
      Offensive: sets mitigations to 0, use on shadow at start of every phase

Defensive: 250K power bubble and reflect 100% damage

Shadow:
      Offensive: corruption that tiers up every 10s, t1 takes 5% of the bosses total moral, t2 10%, t3 20%, use on shadow at start of phase, wait till it reaches t2 then remove it.

Defensive: 50% chance to receive 100% fellowship heal on any hit, use on a tank when a fellowships morale is getting low

Phase 1:
    - Kill Order: Shadow, Venom, Frost, Fire, Lightning

- Nothing particularly special here, make sure to give the tank grabbing multiple Sarumans enough time to build aggro. Stay in a group and fight behind them.

Phase 2:

- This phase has the Sarumans doing various effects on the tower. For the effect that is running, that Saruman takes less damage, so you need to switch to a different one (example: floor is lava, the Fire Saruman doesn’t take as much damage, switch off to a different one).

- Venom is putting the red moral bubble on people so make sure that those people call over heal on themselves and get healed up to full to remove it.

Phase 3:
    - Kill Order: Shadow, Frost*, Venom, Fire, Lightning

- Main Saruman becomes active and does random AoE attacks. LM needs to keep frost-lore up on him.

- LM needs to keep Frost mezzed, while the group deals with Shadow. Use the ring to reset the mez to do it again.

- Shadow clouds start dropping around the tower on players. Players need to stay grouped up and move out of them when they appear. I’d recommend moving mainly in a clockwise fashion from the starting position.

- Frost Saruman starts putting pottable effects on people. They need to be potted off immediately and if you’re on cooldown THEN ask for someone else to clear it.

- Fear: 5s stun, then 10s of running around feared
      - Poison: 10s stun
      - Disease: -100% outgoing/incoming healing
      - Wound: 1.7k dot every 2s for 10s

- These effects apply to everyone in an AoE radius around the person. So get them off.

Phase 4:

- There are now Shadow AND Venom clouds the the group needs to constantly rotate out of. Keep in mind that just because it looks like you’re not in the puddle, doesn’t mean you aren’t. Check your buffs to make sure you don’t have it on you.

- LM can once again mez and keep mezzed VENOM while the group deals with Shadow. This should help mitigate getting venom puddles at the beginning.

Phase 5:
    - Kill Order: Shadow (x2), Lightning* (x2), Venom (x2), Frost (x2), Fire (x2)

- All of the Sarumans are now doubled. Our current strategy is to have one tank grab all the Sarumans and kite except for the 2 Shadow ones. Everyone else should be together and have their back against one of the doorways.

- Throughout all of the fight you may get punted by the the Lightning Sarumans. That is why you stand with your backs to the doorways. Also, there will be puddles dropped so the group will need to move together in a clockwise fashion to the next doorway to stay out of the puddles as well as keep the dps’d Saruman out of the healing puddles.

- The other tank should try to grab both of the Shadow Sarumans. One should be marked and kept interrupted by the other tank or burg (otherwise it will heal the other one) while everyone else DPS’s the other Shadow down.

- Once the first Shadow is down, transfer DPS to the other one and burn it.

- After the Shadows are down, have your off-tank (the one not kiting in a circle) grab one of the Lightning Sarumans and bring it over to the group. DPS it down, and then rinse and repeat for the rest of the Sarumans.

- Once all of them are down, the ringbearers will need to use their rings one last time.

Alternative Strategy found online:
    - Have the tank pick up the 2 venoms and 2 fire and tank them against the door where venom spawns.

- The other tank picks up 2 frost and 2 lightning and tanks against the fire door, and have any rks switch to heals for this phase.

- The storm gives out eyes that after 3s will do a random punt attack, stand close to one of the doors or in the centre near Saruman to avoid getting kicked of the tower.

- As soon as the fire/venom tank starts taking damage use the frost ring defensive on him so he won’t take damage, focus heals on other tank while this bubble is up. After 12s this expires so have captain use shield of the dunedain on him. meanwhile have your lm stun one of the storm to give you a bit of breathing space and your dps should be nuking down one of the shadows, have burg riddle the other shadow and when it breaks loose have the burg spam addle to interrupt his healing.

- Once the first shadow is down kill the other shadow. Burg should be spamming cjs and have the group go all green to help with the heals. once both shadows are down kill one venom, then both lightning (no more punts when the storms are dead), then the other venom, followed by the 2 fire then the 2 frost.

- If anyone dies priority rezs go to healers/tank then the ringbearers. once all Sarumans are down, ringbearers use the ring one last time and then everyone runs in and hits saruman, after a few seconds he deactivates and the day is won!

Last edited by Shortline/Dod on Jun 15th, 2012 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Awarded:

(extra reserve)

So many words... I didn't really read it but I'm pretty sure I just click on someone that knows what they're doings target and pew pew pew. Good stuff!

Ok I did read it, really is good stuff. Thanks for putting that together.
Gilderbrand
Leader

Awarded:

I like all the pretty colored words
ValiantTurtle

Which method did you guys use last night? I couldn't get on till 10:00 but I saw you running with 2 Guards.
Bolt 78
Officer

Ended up with a guard and warden but still went with split them up and tank in place for phase 5.
Gilderbrand
Leader

Awarded:

From my view what we did last night gave great control and I am very confident that it would work with 2 guards or warden/guard as we had last night.

Getting only 5 Sarumans is much easier that 9 and I did not have to run so I could back off and see if I missed any plus it allows the guard to interrupt the 2nd shadow. The only real problem I had there was the shadow ended up on a light section of the floor which made seeing the heal induction hard - it they will run to you onto a darker area it really becomes obvious the second they start there heal.
ValiantTurtle

That sounds good. I'm going to try to run Pits as often as I can this week to get the Sarchol cloak. That should get my tact mits up with everyone else, although the Draigoch cloak wouldn't be bad if I happen to get the scales on the next run.
Gilderbrand
Leader

Awarded:

Sarchol is a good thing. I was running around 68.6% to 70% tac mit last night depending on buffs. I have no real idea how much the healers think it helps, but it sure can't hurt.
Ortheri

It was more entertaining for me to kite around 8 Sarumans but spliting them up worked very well. I believe 2 Guards will work just as well or better more then likely.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: