Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swifty and Hammo Forum Index -> Book/Patch Release Notes
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Placid-Eitrigg

re: U14 Socket Armor and Essences

I think it was Pel/Wulfy/Val (can't remember who) threw a link in kin chat last night.  Useful read.

Socket/Essence Guide

Once you've finished perusing that, go check out "Turbined" in urban dictionary (thanks Wulfy for that gem!)...

Wulfee
Officer

1. That was Pelagor that threw the link out there.

2. You're welcome for the definition ;-)

Wulfy - 130 - Captain - HM Westemnet Tinker / Ceedric - 130 - Loremaster - HM Westemnet Historian / Dreucilla - 130 - Champion - HM Westemnet Armsman / Rihannsu - 130 - Guardian - HM Westemnet Woodsman / Diesirae - 117 - Hunter - HM Westemnet Explorer / Krysteel - 130 - Burglar - HM Westemnet Amourer / Dachef - 117 - Minstrel - HM Westemnet Yeoman
Pelagor
Officer

The thing I like about the socketed armor is that you can stack a particular stat.  In other words, you can use 3 or 4 identical essences, and fill all the sockets with that stat.  You aren't pigeon holed into getting a balanced mix of stats if you don't want to.

Officer

Yeah but you don't want to overdo it and shortchange yourself on your other stats or you'll be one heck of a glass cannon, lol.  Good though if there's a stat that needs a bit of bulking up though.  We'll see how it all shakes loose.

Wulfy - 130 - Captain - HM Westemnet Tinker / Ceedric - 130 - Loremaster - HM Westemnet Historian / Dreucilla - 130 - Champion - HM Westemnet Armsman / Rihannsu - 130 - Guardian - HM Westemnet Woodsman / Diesirae - 117 - Hunter - HM Westemnet Explorer / Krysteel - 130 - Burglar - HM Westemnet Amourer / Dachef - 117 - Minstrel - HM Westemnet Yeoman
Gilderbrand
Leader

Awarded:

If you can do that, Eloren is going to love it!

No need for that yucky vit, stack straight agi so you can kill stuff faster!

A Minstrel

Might be nice to stack a chest piece with Crit Defense and swap it in and out as desired.  Or Mitigations, or ......

Would be better than having to use jewelry with Might, Agi, etc. just to get some Crit Defense.  Haven't had much luck finding that stat on tactical stuff.  Nosferati was showing his stuff the other night and commenting on the benefits of it, even though he had to sacrifice 10k tactical mastery.  

I'm thinking of giving it a shot.

Gilderbrand wrote:

If you can do that, Eloren is going to love it!

No need for that yucky vit, stack straight agi so you can kill stuff faster!

I was thinking of doing the same thing. It's okay to be squishy if they fall before they get to you :P

Jagorin - Dwarf Guardian, Historian (and that's all he's good for)

Jagwyn - Female Captain, Tinker
Pelagor
Officer

My plan for my first piece is to go in the opposite direction and fill the Tactical Mitigation hole that the changes to Vitality created.  So the 4 sockets will be Tact Mit, Tact Mit, Crit Def, and 1 more (Morale?), along with the 119 base might on the armor.

Awarded:

Stacking a stat is a very valid idea, especially for  guard that needs survivability. Tact mit, crit defence or fate to balance power issues all come to mind. That being said, you can definitely go to far.

If you take a hunter, stack agi and sacrifice vit, you could go far past a glass cannon into the realm of kamikaze. Letting the tank get a good hold before you go to town would become a necessary step. You pull, you die.

That being said, let me know when you are ready to try, I want to sit back and laugh

Gil

Wulfy
Wulfee
Officer

I bet two gold that Eloren lasts all of about four seconds.  Any takers?

Gilderbrand
Leader

Awarded:

I got 1.5 seconds!

Placid-Eitrigg

Since this game's gear selection is so limited, stacking stats is probably not a bad idea.  If it were more varied, then balance is probably a better call.

Officer

Just to be fair to Eloren, I'm sure he will stack Physical Mastery (PM) instead of Agility.  Pure physical mastery essence adds up to significantly more than the PM you'd get from agility essence x 8, and besides, who wants the silly parry and evade bonuses you get from Agility?  ;)  More damage!

Awarded:

Pelagor wrote:

who wants the silly parry and evade bonuses

Thank you for clarifying. I am sure that harder hits far out weigh any attempt to take less damage

Based on this, I change my wager to 1.25 seconds before death

Wulfy
Wulfee
Officer

Still too fast, got to give the mob enough time to get to him and clobber him ;-)

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swifty and Hammo Forum Index -> Book/Patch Release Notes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: