Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swifty and Hammo Forum Index -> Kinship Band - Concerning Swifty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A Minstrel

re: Band Chit-Chat

General discussions, exchange of ideas, topics not covered by other threads, etc.

Glie

So when is the first practice!  Itching to play my ole lute!

Woodh

Interesting stuff. I should try to put this forum on a bar/bookmark somewhere so I don't forget to look stuff up.

My question is what/where are we dl stuff? Last time we tried this someone asked what we wanted to play and all I heard was crickets. I didn't even know we had a cricket instrument.

Maybe we could list the things we have in our songbooks to start things off with. wondering if there is a 'copy' feature to put titles onto the clipboard for pasting in forum posts. ohh maybe landroval server forum has some info on that...

A Minstrel

Woodh wrote:

My question is what/where are we dl stuff? 

Maybe we could list the things we have in our songbooks to start things off with. 

Lotro-ABC.com has a long list of tunes from which to choose.  We'll be using the Songbook plugin to sync our music, etc.

I would very much like for each band member to identify songs they'd like us to play .... started the thread "Suggestions for Songs" for just that purpose.

Gil, Echi and I discussed band stuff last night and how best to get this off the ground.  We need to know what your motivations are, such as server performances or perhaps private get-togethers for the pleasure of playing or maybe both, etc.   A meeting of all eight band members using Ventrilo is being scheduled.  In the meantime, I'd encourage everyone to use these kin forums to express their ideas and music preferences.

We're considering the concept of creating a separate kinship called Concerning Swifty and asking each band member to either commit or create an alt to join that kin.  Should they all be hobbits?  Dunno ... up to the band and Swifty leaders to decide ... but your opinions count!

I will browse the music lists over the weekend, and get some songs I'd like to play.

I am definitely NOT in favor of starting a separate kinship for this!  I think it takes so much time and effort to get a minstrel trained, and I don't want to take Echi out of S & H just for her to play in the band.

Not in favor of the separate kinship thing either, and when I get a chance I'll browse the music, pretty much anything is okay with me.  Private get together and/or server wide performances I'm all for, let's party! 

Wulfy - 130 - Captain - HM Westemnet Tinker / Ceedric - 130 - Loremaster - HM Westemnet Historian / Dreucilla - 130 - Champion - HM Westemnet Armsman / Rihannsu - 130 - Guardian - HM Westemnet Woodsman / Diesirae - 117 - Hunter - HM Westemnet Explorer / Krysteel - 130 - Burglar - HM Westemnet Amourer / Dachef - 117 - Minstrel - HM Westemnet Yeoman
A Minstrel

Initial meeting now on calendar for Saturday 9/26 @ 20:00 Eastern.  

I thought a weekend night would be better for those gainfully employed or those attending school.  It is also one of Wulfy's nights off.

Woo hoo!

Wulfy - 130 - Captain - HM Westemnet Tinker / Ceedric - 130 - Loremaster - HM Westemnet Historian / Dreucilla - 130 - Champion - HM Westemnet Armsman / Rihannsu - 130 - Guardian - HM Westemnet Woodsman / Diesirae - 117 - Hunter - HM Westemnet Explorer / Krysteel - 130 - Burglar - HM Westemnet Amourer / Dachef - 117 - Minstrel - HM Westemnet Yeoman
A Minstrel

Found a tutorial thread on the Lotro forums by Forte, a member (leader?) of The Lonely Mountain Band, Landroval server.  It was written within the last month and contains several You-tube videos to assist in mastering the music system.

I have not completely gone through all of his tutorials, but I wanted to share this with y'all as it may very well be an excellent resource.

Forte's Academy of Music

Also, please welcome Thostgilbeorn as our newest band member!  *cheers*

Awarded:

I've gone thru some of Forte's work and found that there is a download of over 600 songs here: http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info931-FortesSongbook.html. Download it and place all the songs into your Documents/TheLordofTheRingsOnline/Music folder or a sub-folder. To keep mine straight, I made a subfolder.

Also there is a application called Lotro Music Manager which will allow you to create a new ABC file. I was able to get a files off of The Fat Lute and Lotro ABC, copy and paste it into a new file, named as the song I was coping, and save it. Later I was able to play it with no issues.

The music manager can be found here: http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info931-FortesSongbook.html

The Fat Lute as a US sight was lost, but if you got to: http://www.thefatlute.eu/ Someone captured most of the songs that were on original site.

I also found: http://abcnotation.com/tunes which is another sight that is supposed to have a large selection of ABC files.

I will update more when I find more. I am looking for a good way to give all band members identical copies of the songs we are going to use. This it the only way to make sure everything syncs.

Gil

Glie

Got all the plugins working and I am ready for mentoring!!  Once cooldowns are finished, come look for me in Middle Earth!

Thanks~!

Glie

A Minstrel

Highlights of Band Meeting, 9/26/15

Members present:  Alasse, Arlan, Gilderbrand, Glielhry, Joshua, Wulfy

Band will retain name of Concerning Swifty.  We will not be forming a separate kinship with that name for performances.  There will be no official uniform, though we may try to appear in the Swifty outfit from time to time.  Musicians are encouraged to wear festive attire.  All races are welcome to join the band.

Concert sites will be Prancing Pony stage, Three Farrow Crafting Hall, Dol Amroth, Esteldin, The Shire, and special events.  No set schedule has yet been developed.

Several folks received mentoring.  Alasse will create a spreadsheet of mentors and the instruments they are able to teach.  Help was given to several on downloading and using the Songbook plugin as well as accessing and using Forte's 600+ song library.  Try as we might, we couldn't seem to get Arlan set up --- there seems to be some sort of difficulty that we were unable to overcome.  Gil suggested that he submit a Bug Report and perhaps attempt to contact Forte or Lillikate.  Gil is a fantastic resource to use for downloading, copying, using etc. music files and program.

We decided that it would be best to create a collection of the songs to be played before each concert and to have that specific collection made available to each band member so as to minimize confusion.  This will be distributed via the Swifty website.

And then we just hung out with Eloren and enjoyed listening to each other play!

Intrigued with this discussion, I have learned how to download and play ABC files in-game. (I am so happy with myself  )

Anyway, I hope to learn more. So if you have any plans in the future to start this band rocking and rolling, i HOPE (all fingers crossed) I can show up despite the time zone difference. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swifty and Hammo Forum Index -> Kinship Band - Concerning Swifty All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: