Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swifty and Hammo Forum Index -> The Town Crier
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Woodh

re: Promotion points!

Title is so people don't just run from the room, screaming, if they see the words Big Battles!

I would like to start doing BB regularly on a week night, Wednesday for example. I'm planning on putting it up on the raid schedule as 6man. We can do BB anytime but I think if there is a day for it more people might want to join. Imma have to set up some rules though.

If you sign up I will be taking the first 5. Helms Dike and Pelagir. If I post the 6man and we don't get enough I will take everyone individually through 1 duo each until our eyes are crossed. If I get 3 to show up we will do the 3man, both sides.

This is open to anyone of any level. Do not expect plats all the time. If you have no promotion points I will try to at least get you to rank 1. I am stressing this rule as I don't want people to be afraid to be in the wrong spot or do the wrong thing. Promotion points, 100 of them, are worth a class trait point.

If I do not post a bb on the calendar it will be due to the fact I have other commitments. We'll see how it goes.

Woodh

Not this weds, first weds in November. fyi.

Gilderbrand
Leader

Awarded:

re: Re: Promotion points!

Woodh wrote:

Do not expect plats all the time. 

BAH! In hobbit land we expect plat all time!

Only kidding...  Happy to help with whatever. Just need a time to determine if I can be on and ready to go. Need more stars for future needs, plus Len, the happy hunter, needs jewelry still.

Wulfy
Wulfee
Officer

*grumble* don't like 'em, but if being led by the nose they aren't all that bad. Happy to assist when and where I can as well.  The guard needs her last promotion point, and as Gil said, supposed to be future use for stars.  Thanks Woodh.

Wulfy - 130 - Captain - HM Westemnet Tinker / Ceedric - 130 - Loremaster - HM Westemnet Historian / Dreucilla - 130 - Champion - HM Westemnet Armsman / Rihannsu - 130 - Guardian - HM Westemnet Woodsman / Diesirae - 117 - Hunter - HM Westemnet Explorer / Krysteel - 130 - Burglar - HM Westemnet Amourer / Dachef - 117 - Minstrel - HM Westemnet Yeoman
Arlan of Arkenstone
Leader

Gah! Sorry Woodh, I was looking at an October calendar when I signed up.

Wednesdays are the only night I almost always can't. Looking forward to seeing

another night come up once in a while.

Redlyn
Officer

Grim and I will join some.  We need stuff. :) Red

Gilderbrand
Leader

Awarded:

Woodh, can you clarify the time? It's showing as 9:21 eastern, 6:21 pacific. Is that the time you intended? Just want to be sure so I don't miss it!

Gil

Wulfy
Wulfee
Officer

Probably the right time, west coasties are so far behind, lol. And don't forget the time on the calendar is your time as long as the time zone in your profile is set right.  I set a raid to central time it'll display on the calendar east coast time for you easties and so on.  So be sure to set your time zone in your profile right people! 

Wulfy - 130 - Captain - HM Westemnet Tinker / Ceedric - 130 - Loremaster - HM Westemnet Historian / Dreucilla - 130 - Champion - HM Westemnet Armsman / Rihannsu - 130 - Guardian - HM Westemnet Woodsman / Diesirae - 117 - Hunter - HM Westemnet Explorer / Krysteel - 130 - Burglar - HM Westemnet Amourer / Dachef - 117 - Minstrel - HM Westemnet Yeoman
Woodh

my time says GMT -8 which was not the time when I set the raid. Imma wait til the time change in CA to re do it to see if that was an issue. I think it changes Sunday morning so I'll wait til Sunday when I wake up to see whats what.

It should be 5:30pm my time and 8:30pm server

PveArkenstone

Not high level yet but definitely interested in this!

Gilderbrand
Leader

Awarded:

PveArkenstone wrote:

Not high level yet but definitely interested in this!

Big Battles will auto level you to 100, so they can be done by anyone over about level 20. That being said, lower level characters don't have the skills or traits of a high level character. Generally figure that any character over about 85 will have there skills and should have there traits pretty high as well. Overall it's the call of the group leader as to who is to low of a level. The last battles all require very high DPS, so lower characters would potentially be a big drawback, the 5 Big Battles out of Helms Deep are much less DPS based, so they are a good place to start.

Best suggestion is, if you interested in running these, first decide if you want to get to the intended levels (95 to 100) or if you just want to run them. Then once your ready, get an experienced player to work through them with you on the 2 man level. By the time your finished with that, you will have enough promotion points to be very effective in the Helms Deep instances and will have a good knowledge of which quests pop up where. Once you have done that, you can start the 2 man version of the last 3 BB's. Finally work your way into the 3 and 6 man versions where DPS is king.

As for getting a start, just ask. Not everyone likes the BB's but those of us that do, would be happy to help you or anyone else that is interested, get introduced to them.

PveArkenstone

Hi Gild,

I see what you're saying and I would rather do the Helm's deep run instead to at least get an idea of what to do and work my way up. Last thing I'd want to see is us fail to DPS a boss purely based on missing dps rotation talents. (Plus I fully admit I will min max every detail possible in this game lol) I even have all the tomes available for all my chars from the LOTRO store.

Thanks for the heads up :) It will give me a good starting point.

Gilderbrand
Leader

Awarded:

Come join me on vent sometime Pve. I can explain a lot more there. 

As for the DPS, even fully geared 100's need to hit the DPS hard for some of the new bosses. Don't let that bother you, we all don't make the amount of DPS required from time to time. On the newest BB's we are still trying to figure out what we need to do to get the best marks.

Shortline/Dod
Officer

Awarded:

Gilderbrand wrote:

we all don't make the amount of DPS required from time to time.

Psht...I'd have no problem with that.  *zap zap*

--Dod, that lurking dorf who can out DPS Sauron on his best day

Awarded:

Shortline/Dod wrote:

Psht...I'd have no problem with that.  *zap zap*

--Dod, that lurking dorf who can out DPS Sauron on his best day

Dod..... remaining a legend...

in his own mind.....

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swifty and Hammo Forum Index -> The Town Crier All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: