Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swifty and Hammo Forum Index -> The Town Crier
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Echinacea Sweetsong
Officer

re: Pie Day!

Halloo kinfolks!  I was reminded this morning that Pie Day is nearly upon us!  In the past, Swifty and Hammo has traditionally sent out pies to everyone on the server on that day.  I ALSO realized that this year, Gil and I will not be anywhere near a computer on Saturday, 3/14, so if anyone would like to continue this tradition in our absence, that would be awesome!

It is not that hard to do, and I will gladly make and stash a bunch of pies in the kinhouse storage chest for use for Pie Day.  To participate, you need a stash of pies, and some time.  Bring up the 'Fellowing' tab on the 'Social' list.  I usually set a range of levels - 1 - 20, 21 - 40, 41 - 60, etc.  Once you set a range of levels, you should see a list of everyone on the server who is between those levels who is not Anonymous.  I start at the top of the list, open a mail post, address it to the person, add a subject of something like 'Pie', then a quick message like 'Happy Pie Day from the folks in Swifty and Hammo!', attach one pie, and send.  If you copy-and-paste the message, it can go pretty quickly.  If you get several people all doing it together, it doesn't take that long to 'Pie' the whole server!

re: Pie Day!

The tradition was continued!!  Pi(e) Day went well, I sent out about 300 pies (which only got me to about halfway through the level 91-100 group, after pie-ing levels 1 - 90).  I got back quite a few 'Thank you' messages.  I would like to try and remember to plan better for next year, since I really do like the effect of having a bunch of kinnies help, so we can just blast out a bunch of pies, instead of me individually sending one pie after another out.  (It took me about 2 hours or so to send out the pies.)  

Jump to: