View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bolt 78
Officer

re: AOE spamming

So, Wulf said there were some hunters interested in the AOE spamming setup that I'm running. Here are the traits I use to make it happen

Deadly Precision - keeps adding focus with every crit
Critical Eye - more crits
Hail of Arrows - improves rain of arrows crit chance and multiplier
Arrow Storm - resets cool-down on split shot and rain of arrows whenever rain of arrows crits

Legendary - Rain of Thorns just for another AOE skill.
- Bow of the Righteous for power management

Random Blue from The Huntsman line - I use Earthborn for more power and moral with strength of the earth but it gives you 3 in that line which grants an additional target on split shot.

For my melee weapon, I equipped the legacy that increases number of targets on AOE skills.

When I'm running this setup, I always go in precision stance for the tic of focus every 5 seconds. This helps keep the rain of arrows flying pretty consistently and on chance that you have both AOEs on cool-down, I let a hunters art go for the finesse bonus and less chance I'll miss anybody.

There is a teal set of armor from completing the tower raid at the Ox Clan camp. one of the set bonuses resets the cool down of rain of arrows and split shot whenever split shot crits. I don't have it yet but it would be a pretty sick combo.

I've been pretty successful at keeping the AOEs spammed with this set-up since at least one arrow in each rain of arrows is probably gonna crit. My Ranged crit is at 1720 with gear and all so critting 18.4% without all the specific skill bonuses. Anyways, hope this helps, let me know if there are any more suggestions or questions about it.
A Minstrel

re: AOE spamming

Wow! I had no idea Hunters could deal such constant punishment. (Figured they were all just a bunch of Fish-slappers) Kinda makes me want to jerk my 52 Hunter out of retirement and put her through her paces.

Thanks for posting the info/build for this .... gives me something to refer back to when memory deserts me.

Jump to: