Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swifty and Hammo Forum Index -> Instance Info
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chicory

re: New Raid Mechanics Coming in Ost Dunhoth

Dev jwbarry gives a nice intro to them:
http://www.lotro.com/gameinfo/devdiaries/1069-update2-ost-dunhoth-raid-developer-diary

My takeaways:
-Randomness reduced: meh, could be less suspenseful since there will be less variability in strats
-Tier difficulties will be noticeably different: good
-Raid markings automated: good surprise
-Skill cooldown resets: less downtime, good; less bio breaks, bad ;)
-New monster CC defence: glad they figured out something to reduce the use of weak tactics, yet make CC still somewhat viable
-Dazy-
Officer

Just finished reading the dev diary as well. Raid marking is a nice touch as well as class skill resets. They're removing a lot of the things that slow down a raid. And I like that they are focusing less on randomness and more on playing as a team and playing your class well in order to complete an instance/raid.

I also like that in order to get your class armor, you have to complete quests and deeds and actually run all of the instances, not just farm one easy instance (ie SH) to get your gear. It was because of that mechanic that I never ran The Dungeons and I really would like to have experienced that.

We'll see how this plays out but at this point, I like the direction Turbine is moving in this regard, as long as you can't buy the gear/barter tokens in the store. tongue out

Ananda71

I think the auto cd resets on bosses is possibly (besides removing radiance) the best thing about the update. This will allow groups to try over and over again in quick succession tuning their strat and working on execution, which the latter, from my olden days of raiding, seems to be the key issue barring success. A really nice new feature indeed.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swifty and Hammo Forum Index -> Instance Info All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: