View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shortline/Dod
Officer

Awarded:

re: Isengard RK Changes

Below is the dev diary about the upcoming RK changes in Isengard:

http://www.lotro.com/gameinfo/devdiaries/1436-rise-of-isengard-rune-keeper-developer-diary

Discuss...

Awarded:

First!

Okay on a more serious note, the damage changes they are making are interesting. They claim to be nerfing Epic Conclusion at the beginning and then further down look like it says "increased damage"...wtf? I'll examine this closer when i have more time. Also the changes to Sustaining Bolt piss me off. They're buffing that skill so we'll use it more, but it has some of the highest power costs of any of our skills....WTF TURBINE!?!??!

Looks like most of the changes that I'm concerned with are actually on the healing side. The developer needs to work on what he's saying. He makes a comment about wanting to leave them "unchanged" but as you look through the skills they adjusted it all reads "reduced healing" and "increased power cost"....really? That's leaving it "unchanged"??

I did see the changes coming to "Do Not Fall This Day" and I like what I saw with it being able to cross fellowships and never actually wear off for the combat duration. Which means we should never fall out of combat in order to keep it up :P

Anyways, this was just my first take on it after quickly reading through it. I expect to have more thoughts on how we're getting screwed after I've had time to let this disappointment sink in.

--Dod (Who's pessimistic?)

Awarded:

Dod,

Play a guard...

Get squat....

"We believe that Guardians are in a good place before Rise of Isengard and will not need any major changes for the expansion."
-Dazy-
Officer

Or play a Minstrel...

...and have to learn to play your class all over again.

Halthinian

I'm not too worried about it to be honest. There are a lot of general nerfs to skill base damage/healing, but those should be in most cases fully countered by the new +10%-14% potency buff from the trait lines. I'm quite happy about the buffs to fire, as it definitely needed a bit of help. Especially when combined with the fix to the boss stage changes (FINALLY) I feel it will be much more viable in raid situations.

The lightning changes are one of those wait and see kind of things. It looks like the crits will be lower but the lows will be higher, and it will hopefully just even out all around. I'm not the kind of person who obsesses about the magnitude of his crits, so I'm fine with those changes as long as they don't go too far. I can't recall ever having one-shotted a creep anyway; the best I got was killing one at half health and that should still be possible.

The only things that really annoys me about the patch are the bubble nerf, the DNFtX nerf, and yet another nerf to the power cost of Mending Verse. Those skills were fine, and I'm tired of the instance devs whining about our skills screwing up their ability to write boss fights. The skills were there first; they should be writing the boss fights to accommodate them not the other way around. Also annoying is the amount of neutral attunement we're getting from steady skills; it seems like it's going to be rather difficult to intersperse them as readily as we were able to especially when healing. Enamels will become even more important.

As far as patches go though I've seen worse. I'm content to wait and see where it all ends up.
-Dazy-
Officer

...or you could have to learn to play your class all over again

Woodh

-Dazy- wrote:
Or play a Minstrel...

...and have to learn to play your class all over again.

Start a new mini and get to level 12. It helped me a bit... I won't even try to play a mini though. Just getting to 12 hurt my head too much.

@Gil, Hope you don't use Retaliation or WR too much...

@kin: Someone post a RoI build stat wise, please. I R Clueless.
-Dazy-
Officer

...but...but...I liked my minnie

Now I REALLY can't wait for Star Wars

Gilderbrand
Leader

Awarded:

Woodh wrote:
@Gil, Hope you don't use Retaliation or WR too much...

Of course I use it alot... great animation...

Oh please, don't tell me they changed the animation...

*sob*
Damworth Incorporated
Officer

Awarded:

You know, this thread reinforces my prediliction to never play beta or read forums pre-release. I just wait for launch and ask Gammi tongue out

Jump to: