Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swifty and Hammo Forum Index -> The Town Crier
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mysterixox

re: Fellowship Walk 2013 raising money for kids.

Hey there guys,

I know, I have been a bit of a stranger of late, but that is for a really good reason, honest! Happy

For those of you who don't know, I am this year's Fellowship Walk which raises money for Child's Play, a children's charity.

The Fellowship (Lotro Players Staff) is planning to host a fundraising event for the Child’s Play organization for the fourth year in a row! Unfortunately, with CSTM no longer functioning, we have banded together to pick up the banner and organise this year's event.

About Lotro Players

Lotro Players, hosted on the My Middle Earth Network is a fansite dedicated to news, information and entertainment for players of the online game The Lord of the Rings Online created by Turbine, Inc. Lotro Players is not affiliated with Turbine or Warner Brothers Entertainment.
Find out more at http://lotroplayers.mymiddleearth.com/

About Child’s Play Charities

Child’s Play is a charity organization started by the creators of the Penny Arcade web comic. The organization raises money to buy toys, games, books and cash for sick kids in Children’s Hospitals in North America, Australia and around the world.
Find out more at http://www.childsplaycharity.org/

Event Details

The Fellowship will be conducting a virtual walk inside the online game The Lord of the Rings Online. The goal is to walk from the in-game location of Bag-End all the way to Rivendell following the path of Frodo and his fellowship from the stories written by J.R.R. Tolkien.

The event will take place from September 23rd, 2013 (the departure date of the original fellowship) until October 24th, 2013 (when Frodo woke up in Imladris).

Every donation we receive will help move the fellowship forward on the same path as Frodo. We have developed a goal chart that will determine how the donations relate to the distance in game.

Departure at Bag End $0
Green Hill Country $250
Elf Camp $500
Frodo’s House in Crickhollow $750
Tom Bombadil’s House $1 000
The Barrow in Barrow Downs $1 250
Bree, The Prancing Pony $1 500
The Midgewater Marshes $1 750
Weatherhills $2 000
Harloeg $2 500
Bilbo’s Trolls, Trollshaws $3 000
Bruinen River, Trollshaws $4 000
Rivendell, Last Homely House $5 000

Once a goal from the chart has been reached the Fellowship staff will host a virtual walk in game from one location to the new goal location. This walk will be hosted on the Landroval server and the community will be encouraged to log in and join us on our walk across Middle-earth.

Now I know what you are all thinking, how boring, walking across Middle Earth. Well this year, is a walk like never before!

We are introducing our Inaugural Treasure Hunt. The prize is a Parchment Map of Middle Earth kindly donated to us by WETA NZ, or some of you may know them as WETA Workshop. We have little dramas and roleplays happening as we walk and of course, pies a plenty Happy

We also plan to live broadcast and record the walk on Lotro Players Twitch Channel for members of the community not able to join us and for use of promoting our progress on the Lotro Players website. There will be a weekly progress post created to show the Fellowship’s current location in game.

100% of the donations will be given directly to Child’s Play; The Fellowship is not retaining any of the donations collected.

How Can You Participate?

The Fellowship is very open to all support for this event and will appreciate any assistance you, as a kin, are able to provide. Past year’s events we had wonderful community support helping us get the word out and donation of prizes to give away.

Some suggestions for support:

Donations of a Std Housing Pack - 1.5 gold, 3 indoor items and 1-2 outdoor items.

Dye Packs - Dye packs consisting of stacks of 6 colours (hopefully black is one of them, though I know this could be my dream only Happy)

Craft Vocation packs - Everything someone would need to craft with, mats, tools, recipes and crit items. These ideally would be from apprentice through to Supreme and contain things like 100 hides, 100 leather, etc.

Or you could donate anything else you can think of. Can you donate some time and teach someone the music system? Can you teach someone about cosmetics and help them with an awesome outfit to look good dying in? Ok, so maybe it is just me that dies a thousand deaths a week :D

All prizes would be advertised as being available on the Arkenstone Server. So for example,

Dye Pack of colours crimson, burgandy, pumpkin orange, evendim blue, ranger green and white, proudly donated by Swifty and Hammo of the Arkenstone server. If you have a character on Arkenstone, love to dye things, then please make a bid.

We will also be holding competitions for screenshots, videos, cosmetics and poetry where you can win prizes out of the game. More information will be posted at wwww.lotroplayers.mymiddleearth.com closer to the time.

The walk will be kicking off with Frodo's Birthday Party on the 22 Sept at 2pm server time with music, a fashion parade, trivia and fireworks. There is pie and ale a plenty and also gifts to be given. If you have an alt on the Landroval, we would love for you to join us and if not, there is still time to get an alt there Happy

There will be security throughout the walk for any low level characters that may need protection.

So anyway, I know this seems very long, but believe me, this is just the info in a nutshell. If you are able to help out and donate anything towards the auctions, please either PM me or email me at fellowshipwalk@gmail.com.

You can also speak to Wulfy if you would like to plan something else with the kin Happy

Thanx guys, I appreciate any help and support for this event no matter how large or small. It is for the kids that we are doing this Happy

Have fun
Myst

re: Fellowship Walk 2013 raising money for kids.

You can donate prizes to me and I'll store them and let Myst know what and who it's coming from. She'll take it from there. Anyone participating in the event that has a character on Ark that wins the prize I will make sure that they get it.

Wulfy - 130 - Captain - HM Westemnet Tinker / Ceedric - 130 - Loremaster - HM Westemnet Historian / Dreucilla - 130 - Champion - HM Westemnet Armsman / Rihannsu - 130 - Guardian - HM Westemnet Woodsman / Diesirae - 117 - Hunter - HM Westemnet Explorer / Krysteel - 130 - Burglar - HM Westemnet Amourer / Dachef - 117 - Minstrel - HM Westemnet Yeoman
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swifty and Hammo Forum Index -> The Town Crier All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: