Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swifty and Hammo Forum Index -> The Town Crier
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glie

re: New S&H Member, long time player

Hello everyone!

I would like to introduce myself.  My name is Todd.   I have just recently come back to LOTRO after a long hiatus.   Alasse, a long time and trusted friend, sent me a tell a few days ago welcoming me back!  I was so excited to see a familiar face!  She suggested I check out Swifty and Hammo and apply on the website if I was interested.  It didn't take me very long to decide to apply.  I applied and was accepted the next day.  Boy, I couldn't be happier!  What a great bunch of kinfolk.  Instantly, it felt like I returned home. Thank you EVERYONE for the warm welcome!

I am a 48 year old male, married with two children.  My wife Jennifer doesn't understand the lure of online gaming, but she knows how much I enjoy it.  My son, Harrison ( age 15), is a gamer as well.  He has played LOTRO on and off but really likes 1st person shooters (ARRGH!).  My daughter Madelyn (age 12), would rather Face Time her friends all day and has no interest what-so-ever in MMORPGS! 

My family and I live in Kent, Ohio.   Jennifer is special Ed teacher who works with emotionally disturbed children and I am an Engineering Geologist.  Yes, I was her Thesis topic LOL!  She has to but up THREE children in the household! 

Some of you may recognize my main, Glielhry (Level 72, female, elf, Guardian).  She is the former leader of Eldar. Eldar fizzled out a couple years back when half the kin left and formed the raiding kin Upon the Edge.  I made several attempts to restart the kin, but I just didn't have the time and effort to put into resurrecting Eldar.  I later joined Lords of a Fallen Empire.  I left LOTRO (almost two years ago) to play RIFT and GW2.  While I enjoyed playing these two games, I  longed for LOTRO and the friendships I make in this community.  It is for this reason I have returned.

I can't wait to become acquainted with all of you.  You will find that I am very easy going and willing to help anyone at a moment's notice.  I love to joke around too!  I try to be witty, but sometimes my attempts at humor fall flat like a ton of bricks!  

Right now I am trying to "relearn" all the mechanics of the game.  SO MUCH has changed and I have forgotten so much!  If you see me in vent, come and say Hi!  If I can be of help, please come and ask!  I love to volunteer for kin and server-wide events! 

By the way, friends and kinnies all me Glie  (pronounced "GLEE").  Let's explore Middle-Earth together sometime.

Happy Hunting,

Glie

Recruit of S&H

Wulfy
Wulfee
Officer

Welcome! Welcome!

Wulfy - 130 - Captain - HM Westemnet Tinker / Ceedric - 130 - Loremaster - HM Westemnet Historian / Dreucilla - 130 - Champion - HM Westemnet Armsman / Rihannsu - 130 - Guardian - HM Westemnet Woodsman / Diesirae - 117 - Hunter - HM Westemnet Explorer / Krysteel - 130 - Burglar - HM Westemnet Amourer / Dachef - 117 - Minstrel - HM Westemnet Yeoman
elorenn

Welcome. Be prepared for shenanigans.

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds"
J. Robert Oppenheimer "Father of the Atomic Bomb"
Indian proverb from Bhagavad Gita
Kevin2099ify

Welcome to the kin, Glie.

Welcome back to LOTRO and to our kin Glie.

I fondly remember the tour of the tombs of the Arnorian kings that Eldar used to host in Evendim, complete with a little history lesson concerning the lore remembered from each king's reign.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!  Glielhry is level 72 now, so if you need her to come help with quests and instances in Level 60-75 areas, please send me a tell or ask in vent.  I am really looking forward to getting to know all of you!!

Glie

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swifty and Hammo Forum Index -> The Town Crier All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: