Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swifty and Hammo Forum Index -> The Town Crier
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A Minstrel

re: FREE Lifetime Account or Turbine Points!

Frelorn is online nowCommunity Manager

Help us test the new Datacenter this Saturday October 24th 5-7PM Eastern and win prizes!

This Saturday October 24th from 5-7PM Eastern we need your help testing our new Datacenter on Bullroarer. We need as many players as possible to log onto Bullroarer and play. Many members of the team will be on hand running live events and chatting with players in Bree. Everyone who logs into Bullroarer during this event will be eligible to win one of the following prizes: A lifetime account, 10,000 Turbine points, and 1000 Turbine points. Everyone who logs will get 100 Turbine points added to their accounts when we hand out the prizes. You can download the Bullroarer client here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?571061-Bullroarer-client-Installer-DOWNLOAD-LINKS

Thank you everyone for your help with this and we are looking forward to seeing you all there this Saturday.
Last edited by Frelorn; Oct 20 2015 at 05:36 PM.
Andy "Frelorn" Cataldo - Senior Community Manager

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Dowloading the Bullroarer client can sometimes take awhile.

I suggest you try to do so as soon as you possibly can.

Hmm, only need to log in, huh?  Beats the lengthy process of getting your toon up to snuff.

Jagorin - Dwarf Guardian, Historian (and that's all he's good for)

Jagwyn - Female Captain, Tinker
Echinacea Sweetsong
Officer

From the LotRO Arkenstone FB group...

For those that are planning on attending tomorrow's October 24th 5-7 pm server time beta event, Vyvyanne said we can update the Bullroarer client today and copy the characters that we want, to the Bullroarer client. Any character that we may have copied, more than 2 days ago, will need to be copied again.

Going to see about downloading and copying tonight.  Gil and I have family coming over tomorrow night, but I would like to at least log in, even if I don't run around too much!

Won't know how successful the test was til... well they didn't say. Prizes will be emailed out to those who won, I suppose tp prized don't need to be mailed out since they can just show up on your acct. dunno.

They had to increase the memory at least 3 times. My second acct never really got to log in my f2p got killed by the balrog a few times and we got bounced from layer to layer rather frequently.

The lag was fierce in the first hour. Nobody could move, hence the hamster upgrade. Vyv forgot to feed them or something. After the 3rd power up  the lag wasn't as bad. It was not what I want to ever play in. Imagine the 'moors with 300 people all trying to find something to kill.

The preliminary figure for numbers is about 3000 people on at the same time, with several IN QUEUES. Yes, I was in a queue to get in with Woodhlyn. Not sure if that counts but I was at 146 in line and there were people on the forums with higher numbers. So we capped the server. I think they were all having an emotional moment on the Turbine side. I can't really speak to the number of people around me as I had to start logging off accts due to... well them getting kicked. Not to mention I think I tried to log a couple of accts in twice. If all 10 servers have 3k ppl on them I'll be a bit surprised. Although, it could very well happen after we get the rest of the worlds moved onto the new hardware. Vyv seemed surprised at the turnout and said this was the biggest pop on any server ever. Not surprising to me. Whenever a server has been experiencing that kind of lag that the game or connection could not hold, and I mean this consistently, they opened new servers to accomodate the population explosion.

BR will remain up for the weekend if anyone wants to run around MT or w/e. I think there are some changes other than U17 but who knows. Sry if you missed the login and 100tp. It was basically for people who wanted to test with people who were there for the prizes were a bit disappointed.

Echinacea Sweetsong
Officer

I stuck around for a good long while afterwards - thought I might try meandering out towards Minas Tirith, but I got distracted along the way....  Anyway, lag was *dreadful*, even AFTER the test ended!  I was out in Upper Lebennin, Bar Hurin area, and I would keep stopping (even though I was supposed to be moving forward), or I would try and click on a pile of rubble to 'check' it, and nothing would happen for 2 or 3 seconds, so i would try to click again and get told I was already doing that.  There were no extra layers,and not much for other people nearby that I could see.  Very frustrating!  I hope it will not be like that once the new servers are live!

They are doing it again!!!  Same prizes are up for grabs:

Frelorn is offlineCommunity Manager

Help us test the new Datacenter this Saturday November 7th from 12-2PM Eastern and win prizes!

Nice. Another 100tp I hope. I only got 2 codes on 4 accts. Or was it 5? It was hard getting 2 logged in.

Yes, I'm one of those cheesy bastids that tried to get as many on as I could. *I* thought it was supposed to be a stress test. Right?

Hopefully they will open the servers to the capacity they ended with last time and work up from there.

A Minstrel

ONE MORE TIME ....  Tuesday, December 1

Vyvyanne is online nowExecutive Producer

Time for Load Test #3 for the new hardware! This time the theme will be Festival of Festivals! We invite you to join us on Bullroarer from 5-7pm EST Tuesday December 1st to experience all of the festivals that we can turn on simultaneously. No need to gather in one location. We want to encourage a normal game time spread of characters across the world. Additionally we will be testing Update 17.1 at this time, patch notes will be posted prior to the test on the Bullroarer Forums. 

All who log into Bullroarer during this window will receive a 100 Turbine Point code sent to their email account on file (please check to make sure your email is updated) and be entered into a drawing for a Lifetime Account, 5K Turbine Points and 1K Turbine Point codes.

We hope you can join us!
Athena “Vyvyanne” Peters
Executive Producer

Jump to: