Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swifty and Hammo Forum Index -> The Town Crier
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gilderbrand
Leader

Awarded:

re: LI leveling guide

So you have reached 100 and are ready to start on your final legendary weapon/class items, here is what I do.

Select your new LI's, remember that if your going for the absolute best, you need 1st ages with the correct passives. If your less picky, there is no reason most folks can't get by with a 2nd age or less than ideal passives. Keep in mind that not having a 1st age may hinder your ability to get into high end pugs who can be very picky about who they invite. Passives are different for each class, but often the morale and crit are the most desirable. Worry less about the actual legacies you get, but higher starting tiers and the correct legacies for your class make a little less work later. 

Now you have your LI, do the following:

1 Equip it

2 Make a plan for what you want as final legacies. Check here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?568112-Complete-legacy-listing-(except-bridles) and/or here: https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Legendary_Items for what legacies are available and what they may become after you imbue the LI. Plan on seven legacies and make your list.

3 Level it to 30 selecting the best legacies for your class or the highest tier legacies. Either work. My rule is to take a T5 ot T6 over a better legacy that is only T1 or T2, but it is your call.

4 Check and see what legacies you have compared to your plan. Replace any legacies you want to change at this time. Get replacement legacies by deconing level 100 LI's that are over level 30 or from the store. Most replacement legacies are T2 so I only replace those that are low level. Stat legacies are T4 so that gives you a bit more leeway in selecting what you want. Remember, you can make more changes later, after you imbue so you don't have to be perfect yet.

5 Once your satisfied, level the LI to 60.

6 Apply 3 Anafalas Starlit Crystals, available as drops, quest rewards, barter from Epic Battles, festival rewards, AH, hobbit presents and from the store

7 Apply Anafalas Empowerment Scrolls to bring all legacies to T6. These are available from dailies in several areas including MT pre-battle, featured instance runs, skirmish camp, quest rewards, and the AH.

8 Now your ready, imbue that LI.

9 Use Scrolls of Legacy Replacement to finalize your legacies. These are available as quest rewards, from the AH and the store.

10 Add a 7th legacy slot by using a Anfalas Crystal of Remembrance, available as a rare drop, hobbit present, AH or from the store. 

11 Apply a Anafalas Scroll of Delving, this should raise the available levels for your legacies. Available from drops, skirmish camp, AH and the store.

12 Start leveling your LI again.

13 Apply Anafalas Starlit Crystals and Anafalas Empowerment Scrolls until the legacies reach there max tier. Current max is 63 for the first line and 79 for your 7 legacies. Keep in mind that certain classes may not want to max the top line. As an example, if you are strictly a DPS RK, your class item gives outgoing healing, you may not want to cap this, the call is yours. The same goes for the lower 7 legacies, there may be some that you many not want all the way up. As an example, I have the Do Not Fall This Day Cooldown legacy on my fire stone, but over a certain level all it does is increase a healing skill that I don't have in fire stance. It's safe to leave that at the point the cool down is maxed. 

14 Level your LI until you max out your legacies. When they reach the max, the bar turns gold, when the LI is completely maxed, the top bar turns gold.

15 Relics can be applied at any time but I usually leave it to last. You will need to select the relics you wish to slot. The best current Settings and Gems are available at a camp near Dingarth. The best Rune is from a barter vendor in Skarhald. You can also make runes at a Relic Master. How you play may determine which runes you want. Check them all before you decide and keep in mind you can change later if needed.

16 Craft and apply a Crafted Relic to your LI. You will need to be maxed in a crafting guild to have access to these and the best are bound to character. Every craft gets the same ones, you just need to select the one you want. You craft an item which can be traded at the guild for the appropriate legacy box. Open and slot. These just are not that powerful right now, but every little bit helps.

17 Final thing, you need a title. These change the base damage and or give you other enhancements. They are obtained by barter from vendors around Middle Earth. The best are currently from DA or if your short of coin there, the same ones are available from Ringlo Vale. The other set I see used are from Snowbourn. Some of these have a stat on them. Select carefully, some go on class items, some go on weapons, make sure you have one that works with the LI your looking to apply it to.

Notes:

1 I opened all my LI slots and keep them full with 3rd ages which I level to 60 and decon. This gives me a large number of relics that can be combined to give me the T9's and T10's relics if you want to use them till you get to the final set.

2 Shards can be made by deconing spare relics that you don't need, but if your short, make the crafted relics. The lower one on each tier is not bound so you can send them where they are needed. The upper one is bound and require a tome (available at the skirm camp), but the shards are account wide so even your level 30 cook has the potential to generate a fair number of shards for you.

3 Anafalas Scrolls of Delving and Empowerment can be melded at the relic master using shards, but the cost is ridiculously high. 

4 You can mix up some of the parts like adding relics and titles before you imbue. Titles can be over written and relics can be removed as needed both before and after imbuing, I just generally wait until last.

5 What legacies and relics are by your class and play style. Ask someone with the same class and play style what they use (if your going to be an AOE champ, find one to ask about the legacies if you need, just remember not all champs play AOE and the ones that don't won't have the legacies you want). Relics are often to complement your class or to enhance a specific need, for a guard, I select Block relics, but a champ will want Mastery or Crit relics.

6 This is how I do it, but there may be some refinements to the process that have been introduced since I last made an imbued LI, it's been a while.

7 This was updated on 3/10/19. Changes include the new Runes as well as the current legacy caps.

Last edited by Gilderbrand on Mar 10th, 2019 4:16 pm; edited 4 times in total
Pelagor
Officer

Great job Gil explaining what can be a very confusing and overwhelming process for someone about to imbue for the first time.  I agree with everything you explained, but I do have a couple comments to add a bit more detail to a couple steps:

A. Most of what Gil explains should be done in the order he explains it.  Steps 15-17 can be done earlier, but everything else should be done in the order described.  A first time imbuer might not be able to fully complete steps 13 and 14 because he/she runs out of empowerment scrolls.  If you plan on using the imbued LI while you earn the additional empowerment scrolls, I definitely encourage you to complete steps 15-17, and then incrementally work on steps 13-14 as you earn empowerment scrolls and item experience until the imbued LI turns gold.

B. Steps 6, 12, and 14 are the time to bring out all those item experience (ixp) runes you've been hoarding in your vault.  You needed over 10 million item experience to turn an imbued LI to gold during Update 20, and likely more than double that by the time you are reading this, so don't rely on normal questing to earn the ixp.  If you run out of ixp on your character, remember the runes are account bound, and you can also barter for more in various ways. 

C. At step 15, the best minimum level 130 relic settings and gems as of Update 28.4.1 are:

·         3rd best: Ithil relics acquired from the Quartermaster in Echad Uial.

·         2nd best: Glimmering ithil relics dropped from Minas Morgul instances. Easiest method is Fallen Kings 6 man runs (3/week, run at a minimum level of 121).

·         Best: War of Three Peaks relics received when purchasing that region with real money at one of the top two tiers (collector or ultimate fan editions).

D. At step 15, best minimum level 130 relic runes for DPS and healing as of Update 28.4.1 are:

·         4th best: Elderslade runes acquired from elderslade supply pack barterer in Annak Khurfu.

·         3rd best: Brilliant Elderslade runes dropped in Stairs T2+ or bartered via the Shakalush dwarf outside Annak Khurfu (requires Stairs T2 deed completion to barter).

·         2nd best: Threshold rune dropped in Amdan Dammul T2 or bartered via the Amdan Dammul dwarf outside Annak Khurfu (requires Amdan Dammul T2 deed completion to barter).

·         Best: Greater Threshold rune dropped in Amdan Dammul T3+.

E. At step 16, the best device (i.e., crafted relic slot) (U28.4.1) is in the Minas Ithil tier. Craft 5 Elderslade Supply Packs and barter them for a Elderslade device from your crafting guild leader.

F. At step 17, if the imbued LI is a weapon, the most important element of the title is that it changes your weapon damage to something other than Common.  The titles available from the places Gil suggests change it to Beleriand damage.  If for some reason you don't have access to the titles available from the barterers Gil suggests (they have reputation prerequisites) and go elsewhere, that is the key bonus to look for (damage type of Beleriand, Westernesse, Ancient Dwarf, etc.).  One of the easiest titles to get for Valar alts with no reputation is to earn 15 Ancient Ithil coins from boss 1 of the Throne raid (Rakothas) and turn them into to the barterer at the gate to Minas Tirith for a weapon title box.  The box is bound to account. Currently the best legendary item titles are acquired by crafting and barter. Craft 5 Elderslade Supply Packs and barter them for a Elderslade title from the elderslade supply pack barterer in Annak Khurfu. The best tier 4 titles available are for mastery (vitality for tanks).

G. As imbued items continue to climb in maximum legacy and DPS/Heal tiers, the grind for anfalas empowerment scrolls and anfalas starlit crystals continues to grow. The release notes for U28.3 (https://www.lotro.com/en/content/update-283-release-notes) and U28.3.1 (https://www.lotro.com/en/content/update-2831-release-notes) explain many sources for these, although all the sources described have maximum tiers. The best source of scrolls and starlits with no maximum tier is the level 105 Throne of Dread Terror raid (or just cleared boss 1 Rako). Exchange the ancient ithil coins acquired there with the barterer near the Minas Tirith main gate for scrolls of empowerment and starlit crystals with no max tier.

<!-- [if gte mso 9]> Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 <![endif]--><!-- [if gte mso 9]> <![endif]--><!-- [if gte mso 10]>

<![endif]-->

Last edited by Pelagor on Sep 19th, 2021 12:50 pm; edited 7 times in total

Thanks Gil and Pel - this is exactly what I needed - now I have a much better understanding and a reference to assist me with this process

Shaedya

Jagorond
Jagorond

I'll ask here for the sake of having it written; what about unlocking the LI to 70?  Your steps don't mention that anywhere, does it not get you anything when imbuing?

Jagorin - Dwarf Guardian, Historian (and that's all he's good for)

Jagwyn - Female Captain, Tinker
Gilderbrand
Leader

Awarded:

It's there, under #11. The current best advise is to use your Anafalas Scroll of Delving after you imbue.

Gil

Bolt 78
Officer

So you are saying I've missed something..... Great write up! can't wait to get started and go until I run out of the stuff I need to make it work :-)

Woodh

I did some testing on Bullroar and came up with some actual numbers, as opposed to fake numbers.

First thing I did was to test what happens if you don't put SoE on your LI before imbuing. I got fortunate (yeah that figures) with a couple of LI's in that they started off life with tier 5 legacies. Eventually I ended up with just about every tier legacy available, that is, 1-6. [remember that is UNimbued]

Dps being the first legacy these are the results of the first imbued LI

2. tier 3 reckless   40      
3. tier 6wages        43  
4. tier 5 fist/sp        42
5. tier 3 SoD dmg  40
6. tier 3 hamp        40
7. tier 4 sh/sp         41

After a few attempts I came up with the starting tiers (unleveled) for each tier your legacy starts off with.

Tier 1  38

Tier 2  39

Tier 3  40

Tier 4  41

Tier 5  42

Tier 6  43

It does not bring the tiers up differently at 1 or 6. That means that if you don't put a Scroll of Empowerment on your legacy before you imbue it you will just need to put it on your legacy after. There is one slight issue though. Most people put their Crystal of Remembrance on before imbuing. This seems to be a good idea. If you switch legacies after you imbue the tier of your new legacy will start at 1/38. This means your legacy will start at the equivalent of tier 1, pre imbued. Notice the tiers above; the tier one converts to tier 38 after imbuement. Before level 100 imbued LI, new legacies slot at tier 2. I think they still do. Its not a big deal but it is something to think about.

Here is something else I didn't know. Scroll of Delving not only raises each legacy, including dps, it adds 30k xp to each legacy. I'm not sure how this works out but I did notice that each of the legacies I had on the imbued LI increased not just the tier, but the increased the active tier of the legacies. So, 1/43 imbued turned into 2/44 after applying the SoD.

A brand new iLI will need to level up all the tiers to the current legacy
caps. That is, if your legacy says it is 1/40, you have 40 tiers to add
ixp to. Each tier is 30k so you are looking at 30k x 40 tiers for one legacy
that was imbued originally at tier 3. My calculator says that's 1.2million
ixp. This is not as daunting as it looks. Ok, maybe I mean it doesn't look as daunting after you finish.

You may add Scrolls of Empowerment to legacies at any time, until your legacies have reached the current cap. As of this posting the skill legacies cap at /69 and the dps legacies cap at /53. A completely capped iLI is 69/69 for 7 legacies and 53/53 for the "dps" legacy.

I'm not sure what this means but I wrote it down for my javelin:

warden's javelin
255.2 dps w/o starlits (unimbued)
258.2 dps w/ starlits and unimbued
Post-imbue dps legacy 1/36 [forget what the number is]
291.2 dps @ 41/42
498.5 dps @ 53/53 capped

Just looking at the difference between a LI dps of 258.2 and the iLI dps, maxed, of 498.5, it is no wonder that most prefer iLI to LI. The only reason, that I can see, not to imbue an LI is to keep a slegacy that disappears after you imbue it.

Finally, I did imbue an LI right out of the box, rather right after it was ID'd. You get 3 legacies. You would have to buy 4 more legacy slots to get the full benefit of your LI. If you were to buy a slot with mithril coins it will cost 99mc. Its about the same if you use LP, although I don't remember the actual amounts. Maybe I'll edit this when I'm back on BR and have a chance to get some actual numbers, as opposed to...

Pelagor
Officer

I updated the second post in this thread to include the most current relic (setting/gem/rune/device), title, scroll of empowerment, and star-lit crystal information as of Update 28.4.1 (March 2021). I included some second and third best options for those w/o access to the best options.

Gil's first post is still pertinent regarding the actual imbuement process.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: